We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar 1/25/2012

Hello,

Elder Huntsman left early in the morning on Monday. I contacted Boston Children's yesterday afternoon and Lauren wanted me to call her back today to make a appointment with Dr. Valente. However, I don't have anew companion right now.

You jinxed me on the phone the other day, I am being transferred to the Weston 1st Ward (car area) it's on the west side in the Boston area. I've heard that Weston is a very wealthy place and Danny Ange (Boston Celtics General Manager/Former Player) is actually a Bishop in the Weston 2nd Ward. Everyone was pretty shocked that they were going to shotgun University Ward.

So I have been packing my luggage sparingly throughout the week. We are going to the aquarium again today with a group of missionaries who haven't gone yet. Well tomorrow ought to be fun. At transfer meeting I will meet my new companion and get to hear the testimonies of those whom are returning home. Elder Vanderhoek, Elder Winegar, and I played basketball with a group of thugs and punks at the Stake Center last night. Amazingly they were quite respectful in their manners towards the members and missionaries of the church. After playing basketball with them, I shared a brief message with them about prayer and challenged every one of them to pray not only during the hard times but to pray everyday. Now I don't know whether they will do it or not but it was cool, the spirit was there.

Well not much has happened since last time we spoke, but I do have pics for you. The picture where I am standing next to an older looking gentleman, Eric Nicholson. He is one of our greatest teachers and he has us over to eat waffles almost every single week, he helps us get the most out of our studies in the scriptures, he's pretty cool. Well anyways...

Love you,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment