We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 18th email from Trinity


Hey Hey. I feel like i just sent an e-mail yesterday but I guess it has been a week. Okay so this is just going to be a random collection of thoughts with no particular order. sorry. So today in the temple I met Eric Shumway... I asked him if he was related to Pres. Shumway from BYUH he said he was so that was cool. I'm going to send my card today. Hopefully it won't break in the mail. Yesterday was the last day we had Hermana Domgaard and Madden. They should be on their way to theDominican Republic CCM right now. so now there are just three hermanas and five elders. Yesterday we asked Carlos to be baptised and such. We set a really tentative date because he doesn't know enough. It's so hard to relay all of the things you want to say completely in Spanish. The other day we invited David to be baptized but he said no. The next lesson we didn't even bring it up and he asked us if he could so that was pretty awesome. It's weird to think we've only been here 3 weeks and we can already teach a lesson in Spanish. Granted they aren't to eloquent and we're teaching our teachers haha. But it's still a crazy thought. We had an English fast as a district Tuesday morning. I owe fifty pushups because I answered a question in class in English ha. Our teachers are awesome. Though they're only a couple years older than us they really want to help and care how we're doing. Yesterday I think I created a more effective language study plan. I've been worrying because most people will go to the field and be companions with a spanish speaking person so they can learn more and stuff like that. But as far as we know we're the only two spanish speaking elders going to Alaska and there aren't any there. So the lessons being taught and all of that in spanish rests solely on us. They days are really getting redundant ha. unless i have a specific insight on a day there's not a whole lot to write about. I feel like we all get a lot of insights throughout the days but i seem to forget them pretty fast. I talked to Elder Farley a few weeks ago just a random thought ha. Oh they won't let me be the host for Everett because you have to only have two weeks left. so I might be able to be the host for John. Are the girls excited about school starting Monday?? D'nel has an awesome list of teachers. Tell Regan she better write me sometime. Especially when she's gonna be down the street from me ha. Oh can you tell David Banks and Samuel thanks for the e-mails but I can't respond while i'm in the MTC. Oh and I understand why Bro. Escobar thinks the line from Nacho Libre "Chancho! I need to borrow some sweats." is so funny now. This place is really helping my testimony grow. I've never had to rely on God this much in my life. It's a great feeling. There is hardly a moment when I don't feel his Spirit and I don't see his hand at work around me. We had a devotional about desire for missionary work and the main point I got out of it was any missionary you find in the Bible or The Book of Mormon as always working that PERHAPS they might listen to the promptings of the Spirit and PERHAPS follow their saviours example of doing the will of his father. I think i'm beginning to get the hang of what we need to do here in the MTC and what i'm going to need to do and who i'm going to need to rely on to help and love the people in Alaska. I can't explain how excited I am to do the will of my Father in this work. I love you all. All is well in Zion.
                                    Love,
                                           Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment