We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Elder Waddell 12-3-12


So, it was about 40 below this morning. It's getting a little cold. Let's see, we had a good week this week. Pretty much taught the most lessons I've taught on my mission. There was a baptism on Saturday and we had three people we're teaching show up to it. That was exciting. The Jewish Rabbi showed up which was really cool. She liked the ordinance but liked the guy’s testimony even more. I'm impressed by her. This is a big change from what she does as a Jew even though so many things are so similar. That's what the covenant people are about. It's interesting how you can attribute all the differences between us simply because of the lack of a prophet. All the differences of all the faiths are because they reject the Lord’s anointed. I feel like if I was on the receiving end of this message that would click with me, that the heavens are still open. It's so clear. God speaks with his servants. We haven't been left out to dry, but when we make our choices the fruits are evidence of whether it was guided by the spirit or not. And it seems pretty clear to me the difference between prophetic authority and personal revelation. That requires personal worthiness from obedience. It's interesting that obedience doesn't usually bring the blessings we want but always the blessings we need. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to cut me down at times. Who knows me well enough to bless me with the things I need but don't necessarily want. Through that I know that he's in control and when we try to go against that we are legitimately kicking against the pricks. Well this week has been pretty uneventful except it's been ridiculously cold and we taught a lot. Our car almost didn't start this morning even though it was plugged in, so that was cool. Well I hope you guys are excited! Miss you, Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment