We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, September 2, 2013

Elder Tellez 9-1-13 email

I'm sorry that my letters have been a little negative. That was not my intention. The main theme of my latest letter was supposed to be hope. It is a normal thing in this life, some people accept and others reject but we must never lose hope because like Gramma said, Satan wants us to lose hope or faith, he wants us to be sad. We cannot let that happen. I am not sad about what is happening but I am working harder than ever to change things. One of my favorite scriptures is in Alma 8. I love how when Alma completely lost hope on the city of Ammonihah, an angel of the Lord appeared to him and told him to return and preach the gospel to those people. I look at that experience and try to avoid turning my back on these people and offer a humble pray in its place. I know that I'm not perfect, but I have been called of God to preach the gospel to everyone I meet. I am completely thankful for the support of everyone. We will be having a baptism this Friday........I am definitely prepared for my talk, I am super excited for it. 17 days left, haha. I was thinking, I will be getting off of the plane at around 2:10, after that I was thinking of Taco Bell or Chick-Fil-A, or both; and after go to the stake president. What time is my appointment with the stake president? I love you all. Time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment