We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ELDER EVERETT ESCOBAR   2/6/2013
 
Well, Elder Jensen is getting transferred out of Newport, RI and is going to Woodbridge, CT is think. And I'm getting transferred to Worcester (it's pronounced 'Wooster'), MA I'm going back to the city, somewhat! I love it, but I am kind of sad to leave. I only spent 2 transfers in Nashua but it feels like I have been here longer than that. Last night I had a dream that I was having a conversation with President Packard and he gave praise to the accomplishments that were done in Nashua and talked about Worcester and how it will be a place of many great opportunities. It was a cool but interesting dream. This morning all of us woke up to fire alarms going off at clocktower, thankfully there was no fire but we lost valuable sleep. Personally I didn't like waking up at 3 am, getting dressed quickly, and standing out in the cold. Oh well it is was it is. So the majority of this week I have been saying goodbye to members and investigators. We have had a lot of activities that have enabled us to invite less-active members and investigators to, so that has been good. By the way, Elder Gibson is training...the whole Nashua Zone is going to be at transfer meeting, which is wild. The Candelarios still aren't to happy that I'm getting transferred, they said that they want to come to my ward in Worcester one of these Sundays and Brother and Sister Candelario are thinking about taking me and my new companion to a Celtics game against the Knicks in March 26. That would be legit, I wouldn't let them pay for my ticket though if it does happen.
 
That's cool that you had dinner with the missionaries, Gilberto, and his girlfriend. So you gave Gilberto the VHS of 'The Other Side of Heaven'? I haven't seen that movie in forever and yes you should get it on DVD. I am going to put my testimony in an e-mail so that you can give it to them, because I don't have any stamps right now. That's crazy to think that Adam is going to be married soon. 
 
Our teaching pool is expanding in the Nashua Ward, I feel like I am leaving them in good standings. I have 6 months left that is CCCCRRRRAAAZZZZZYYYY!!!!!! It feels like I was just with my son and he is pretty much 6 months into the mission! There is definitely something wrong. HOUSTON we have a PROBLEM! It's the last haul of my mission... Don't worry I'm not trunking out, that's ridiculous, okay I may be a little trunky (there are some things that I miss). But I'm not trunky, as in being a definite trunk clunk. Focus is key. That's cool that the electrical is done upstairs, sounds like it's coming along. Did you ever determine/settle/clear a date for picking me up? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. It would just be nice to know so that I can tell people around what time in August I would be visiting them. Anyways, this is a new chapter in my mission and in life. We will see how it goes. I have plenty of pics this week! Where's the report on how Aaron, Danny, and Dad are doing? Haha
 
Love all of you a lot,
Everett Alan Escobar


No comments:

Post a Comment