We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Elder Waddell 2/11/2013

Hello hello. I'm doing well today. Excited for transfers. We got our
call Friday night. Elder Wood is going to Sitka....lucky dog.. and I'm
training again! more than likely it will be Elder Jaco. The guy who
already speaks Spanish. So I'm super stoked. Maybe I'll really learn
Spanish instead of this gringo stuff i'm speaking. We'll see. I'll be
with him for just 12 weeks probably then I'll only have 12 weeks left,
so I'll hopefully be in Juneau or somewhere outside of the Anchorage
Wasilla area. Thank you for that. It's been good here in the
Branch. The problem with a branch like this is that the members need
to be ridiculously busy to get the branch to grow. so hopefully things
start moving. the members are getting pretty excited about things it
seems. I don't know. We can always work harder. I'm not sure if the
summer is busier. It's less depressing, and the people are out doing
things more often. sooo it levels out. Yeah 6 months isn't very long
when you're busy. Hopefully i can do all I need to in that time.
After training I will have spent 10 and a half of my 22 months in
Alaska in the Branch. That's not too bad. The girls are going to give
me a homecoming? for some reason I feel like my awkward missionary
personality will destroy whatever fun their homecoming would be. 
hmmm I'm not sure about that decision, I mean it is up to Emily, and
I would like to be in school with both of them for a semester but
that's a dangerous thing to put off. Well I guess it's not that bad.
Oh cool event that happened this week. We almost got t-boned by a
moose! we were going about 40 and a moose was charging towards the road
and I swerved to dodge it but it stopped right before the road. It was
pretty exciting. yep well I hope things keep going well down there.
love you
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment