We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

John's First Written Letter Home

Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011 Day 2

This letter is for all who wish to read. I am mainly, however, going to talk about you. I am seriously just kidding! It is ok to laugh. All is well here at the MTC. Tell Matt Jamison that he was right, the food is delicious. But that isn’t the reason I’m here, right? I have seen Elder Escobar, but he didn’t see me. I know, it is crazy, but there are so many people here, elders and Sisters. I am excited to be learning Spanish, it is truly a magnificant language, and I look forward to fluently speak it. I also ran into Elder Waddell on numerous (I spelled that wrong) occasions and he actually saw me. We talked for a bit. I haven’t seen Elder Stotts yet, however, but I will try to find him somewhere here. In just the few days that I have been here, my testimony has grown so much. My two companions, Elder Coleman and Elder Herron, are so amazing. I couldn’t ask for better companions. Elder Herron is actually going to Veracruz as well and Elder Coleman is going further south in Mexico. You know how I didn’t cry when we were saying goodbyes? Well, I did have a mini emotional breakdown last night, but all is well. This is a letter open for everyone to write back. Mom, Grandma, Josh, Nyah, Aunt B, Uncle B, lil cousins of mine, everyone needs to write. Megan Waddell you better write, that was random, but do, haha. Bianca needs to write to. By the way, I had a good time with her, Lizzi, and her family. My pen just broke so I’ll just end with love you all and WRITE!

Love,
Elder Tellez

No comments:

Post a Comment