We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Letter from Elder Waddell


Hola!
 Yes i've been getting dearelders. And thanks for the e-mail. Tell them to ask specific questions or something i guess lolI just don't really reply to dearelders. I was wondering if dad ever sent that letter you said he wrote. I saw john a couple of times but hopefully soon i'll be able to sit down and talk with him some. there's not always a whole lot of time ha. Vince is also here until he gets his visa i guess. We're supposed to get our travel plans today so that's exciting! They're not in yet so maybe after dinner or something they will be and i'll write a letter about it. I'm pretty sure i get to call when i leave here for a couple of minutes so you're going to have to make sure that time is cleared up ha. I'll try to respond to the girls dearelders today. mail seems so slow to here so it's gonna be crazy slow in Alaska i think! Oh guess who came Tuesday? if you already have Everett's e-mail he probably said..... but it was M. Russell Ballard ha it was pretty sweet. I forgot my studyjournal in the room today so i'll send some of that with my letter. oh did you get my planner???? you have to let me know when you get it cause if it gets lost or something i'll be upset ha.It's weird because we're slowly becoming the old people here. the district a week ahead of us is leaving next monday.... I only have 11 days left. I'm ready to get out of here no matter how awesome it is I want to move on ha. We're having more and more days of spanish and it's helpful but it takes such a conscious effort to not say random things in english because it's so natural. but give me half a year and i'll be okay at it ha.we're done with the grammar in spanish so now it's just reviewing and teaching our teachers and eachother. I have a feeling i'm going to freeze in Alaska when i first get there since i don't have any jackets. it's already getting chilly in the mornings here so i can only imagine what it's going to feel like in Alaska. I was starting to gain weight with all the food here but i put it in my personal goals to eat less.... ha i never thought that would be necessary but here i am. It's working well and the hour of soccer almost everyday helps. cause otherwise we're just sitting there learning. but it's crazy i'm pretty sure next wednesday is our last gym time. one of our "investigators" is about to be "baptized" so that's exciting ha i've got a new way of marking my scriptures with pictures and specific colors. i'm going to have to take some pictures and show you it makes it much more entertaining. some of the pics you put on the card i printed out on some thing here so i'll be able to see some. Oh yeah keep me updated on dayton and BYU football i wanna see how they both turn out. I'm pretty sure people in our district will have to give talks on sunday because it's our last non fast sunday we have so i'm going to have to write out a good one in spanish so people won't think i've wasted the past 8 weeks here ha. Oh and if you could find the e-mail or mailing address or something of (elder) Jerry Wilson he was my religion teacher in hawaii. that would be nice ha. hhmmm basically i'm just really excited for Alaska and getting a little tired of the schedule here. ha don't get me wrong i'm still trying just as hard to take advantage of it as much as i can butttt i'm ready for a change in scenery. And it would be so sweet if Adam was my trainer ha and that's really cool that Harrison and I will be able to speak spanish together ha estoy atezado. i'm not sure that that translates correctly but it's supposed to mean i'm stoked ha well i'm out of time. i love you all and all is well in Zion.
 
                      Love,
                            Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment