We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Elder Waddell 10-15-12



So yes I have seen the northern lights officially!!!! I must admit they were pretty awesome. You can literally watch them unravel. Then they dance and different colors flash. And if you go in really dark places you can see more color and definition but we live kind of in town. So 2 things 1 my camera is not built to take pictures of the northern lights and 2 it broke right after I got horrible pictures of them. Sooooo my camera is broken .... ha sorry. The lens just won't open all the way. I can hear and see the gears trying but it won't work. sooooo I can buy one up here if that's alright. That way I could probably get one that I could use for the northern lights before I stop seeing them. So I guess missionary stuff. I gave a talk in church yesterday. It's a big ward haha. It was on preparing for a mission by gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon.I thought it was pretty good. But I'm getting longwinded. I spoke for like 20 minutes....We met some people that we hadn't been able to meet for a long time this week. Oh it snowed yesterday and stuck.... winter is here. I'll probably be buying a jacket as well. sorry.... we got parkas from a member that would work great... but they're green... doesn't really fit the missionary look. so we'll see. Um things are going great. Just trying to better the work and myself. the latter is the hardest. ha well that's about it for this week. love you
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment