We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, May 27, 2013

Elder Waddell 4/29/13

hhhoola.
Yes I am getting transferred. Yes I have decided about July.
ha ya I'm going to Soldotna for my last 11 weeks. Which means yes I'll
be home I think the night of the 17th. The sealing is at noon in
Oregon and Elder Brother Dean will be coming with me from Alaska down
to Oregon then they'll probably fly me out that evening after the
sealing because the Phippens live 2 hours away from Portland so there
would be no need to drive back and forth a second time. Oh and in
Soldotna my companion will be Elder Coombs. I'm excited! That's the
only zone in the mission I haven't taught someone in. haha Since I
teach Spanish people in Anchorage I've taught in the two zones in
Anchorage, Wasilla zone and Chugach zone, I was in FBX and Juneau so
all that's left is Soldotna. I think that's cool at least. 
Well this week was alright. Apart from the transfer stuff we went
around doing normal missionary things, and since we're both leaving
(elder Jaco down to an island called Petersburg) We were cleaning out
the apartment all week. like all the old missionary junk and stuff.
basically pretending like we're moving everything out. It looks good.
we had 9 frying pans....9 ... so we gave 7 away haha. We brought a
stack of plates and bowls to a member like 2 feet tall, turns out they
were all theirs ha, missionaries acquire too many things. But yeah it
was a good week. We made some good breakthroughs with people. 

I Love testifying about the book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. There's a lady we're teaching that keeps coming up with this anti stuff she finds
online. We keep answering her questions but this last time we
basically just laid it all out there. Baptism by proper authority was
the biggest topic. It was just a powerful lesson trying to get her to
actually ask God instead of asking google. We promised her that if she
read and prayed that night and came to church the next day she would
get her answer. We'll see I guess. I love that I can promise people
that if they do what they're supposed to then they'll get an answer.
It sounds so bold but it makes so much sense. I love these people even
when It kills me that they don't understand what I'm saying. It's the
best.

Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment