We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Elder Waddell 5/28/13

Hey! I'm doing great!
We haven't fished yet but we went clamming!! So that was cool. 
They've been out of school for a week here. They have to take advantage of their summers here because they don't last long.
Yeah you're definitely more excited than me haha. I'm trying not to think of how much time I have left. I want my eye single. I don't get to wear this name tag forever. 
Man, over 30 ward missionaries???? The ward must be a missionary machine!! What happened?? So, read in chp 13 of PMG and it talks about your responsibilities. It must be time to reap all the things that have been sown down there. Wow. 
Our mission hasn't really grown too much. Slowly I think. It's hard to send more missionaries here. There's not a ton that we can do with them.
But yes it will eventually be more than one mission. When? we'll have to check back in 30 yrs. 
I guess you never really know. It's his work not ours. He just loves us enough to let us be involved in the process.
love you
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment