We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

 Elder Escobar, October 11, 2011


Well one of our investigators, Blake, dropped us. But I guess that's alright because we gained two more investigators. Oh I wasn't able to e-mail you yesterday, because it was Columbus Day, therefore the library was closed and as a result I didn't have access to a computer. So we get to e-mail today instead. YEAH! By the way I want to write people in the ward and stake but I can never find time, I barely have enough time to write my own family, it's hard. There's just too much to do and not enough time, it can get pretty ridonkulous. So, they've already had Homecoming at school? Wow! And Emily looked like a "Greek Godess"? Double Wow! My oh, my time does fly by. Yet again it's ridonkulous! Yet again, is the Hair's house done? How is Brother Kiethley doing, is he progressing fairly well in the church? I'm going to try to send Bishop Thomas, President Banks, and Brother Farell a letter pretty soon. Well, it's still cool and windy here and no Aaron it's not freezing or snowing yet, haha. Oh hey yesterday our district went to see an organ recital at the Christian Science Cathedral (Tom Cruise's church), it was pretty interesting to see how close their beliefs are to ours surprisingly. We also went to the Boston Temple for the first time and the temple theme is 'the tree of life'. It's very pretty and I learned a lot in the 3 hours that we were there, it was a really good experience. Well I gotta go, time's a'ticking and there is other stuff to be done ): oh well, it was good to hear from and write to mi familia. By the way when I get home, I"M LEARNING SPANISH/ESPANOL! For realz..I will take more pics of myself and send them to you next week.  

Love,

Elder Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment