We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Elder Escobar, October 17, 2011
 
Hello Escobar Fam,
First I want to apologize, last week I wrote a letter but forgot to send it and I realized Saturday afternoon that I still had it in my possession, it was hidden in my backpack.
 
I did receive your package, I really like the electric razor, it works very nicely and yes I did get my medication, etc. Today, I plan on writing another letter to you and mailing it either today or tomorrow. Tell the Bishop and Stake President that I am still in the process of writing their letters (I really dislike how little of a time we have to actually write letters, I guess that I just have to write them faster). This week was a little rough, most of our appointments got cancelled and we got rained on all day Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. It's very hard to either tract or do street contacting in the rain. And OH YES we have definitely heard of Pastor Jefferies, our whole district was actually eating at Subway and the tv was on and the volume was pretty turned up pretty high. We heard Mitt Romney's name and so we kind of listened to the report and all of the sudden we heard, "Mitt Romney and the people of the Mormon religion are part of a cult!" Then everyone in our district just kind of gasped and then we looked around, there were quite a few people staring at us after that announcement was made. It was funny, but sad at same time! But you know if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was actually a so-called "cult", I think a lot of people would have figured that out by now in its approximately 200 years in existence. Oh well, at least its getting the church's name out and people are more likely to ask us questions. 
 
But yes there has been a lot of protesting going on here in Downtown Boston and there's always police around. Elder Yim and I get by food-wise, this week miraculously we are being taken out to eat dinner with a member every night, so I think that we are pretty good so far, but I do think that some simple recipes will come in handy. Aaron an outdoorsman, no way! Come on I thought he was basically an outdoorsman when I left, but the MACHETE is new!
 
Today Elder Yim and I are going to the aquarium and yes I will definitely take some more pictures of not only the surroundings but of myself and my companion, be ready for pics next week.
 
Okay gotta go LOVE YOU,
 
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment