We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Elder Tellez 2-20-12




So, as always, I'm alive and kicking another week. So I have like 2 or 3 weeks til I celebrate my half-year mark. We finally had another baptism, a 9 year old boy named Beto. His mom is a member but inactive, I mean INCREDIBLY inactive, like 8 years with out going to church. But we brought her back. Her daughter (seen in the pics) doesn't want to ever get baptized, ... The other two little boys in the pic with Beto are his friends and they want to get baptized too, they even go to church with us. We have a couple of more people with baptismal dates for the next couple of weeks. I'm not sick anymore, I just can't [eat]like I used to for some reason or so fast and you know how my companion is, rushing and rushing, haha. Thank you mama for sending the package, I love you. It turns out that we have the worst missionary home in all of our large mission. The rest have normal walls, lights, some have AC, hot water in the shower, and many other things. It's all good though. Like I said, I'm still alive, haha. The conference was great. It was for a special purpose. The whole mission was gathered. President Treviño had amazing news. He was personally told by the Quorum of the Twelve that because of the rapid number of baptisms making this one of the most successful missions in the world if not THE most successful, they are dividing the mission, North and South! The north mission will be called the Xalapa Mission and the south will be the Veracruz Mission. 100 of the 200 missionaries that are in this mission will be in the new mission. This will all take place in June or July of this year! My mission president, President Treviño will be the president of the Veracruz Mission. So, depending on where I'm at, I might be in the new mission. Other missionaries keep saying that I will go there. I kind of actually hope to, haha. My companion in the MTC who is up there in Poza Rica, a city in the north part of Veracruz says that in just his little area he has a Walmart, 2 Burger Kings, Mcdonalds, and 3 Little Caesar's! I have heard that it is so nice up there. You can look up pics of that area, Xalapa, Poza Rica, Papantila(not spelled correctly) and other places and tell me about it or maybe even send me pics. So that is the exciting news. We also heard the one of our neighbor missions, Puebla, is being split into two missions as well. I have 2 friends serving there. When the changes happen this year, Mexico will have 26 mission!! The church is growing so much down here. The saints in Mexico have such great spirits and testimonies, but they can't sing or play the piano to save their lives. Ahhhh, and for that I sing so much louder in sacrament and other meetings just to drown them out, haha. Thank you for the emails Mama, Gramma, and Bianca. Mama, I'll take both thick and thin socks, yup black, haha. Gramma, if you wait 18 months, I'll go on a road trip with you, we'll go to Utah. Bianca, it doesn't matter if you have something to write or not, just write alot. Like what shows you watched and what movies you have seen lately. What you have been eating. Things like that. I love long emails. Wow Mama, that cake looks awesome, I want a piece, haha. About cakes, it seems all of the cakes that I have had here have been the tres leche one, but decorated for birthdays and other things. The elder looks kind of familiar. Time for me to fly and eat more soup, nasty!!!!! Love ya all. -Elder Tellez

No comments:

Post a Comment