We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Trinity 2-20-12

Hey! Thanks for the picture. Are you trying to make me miss Hawaii??? haha We have not been super busy. And I'm feeling alright.  Yep in a week it will be 7 months. I'm just moving right along. In ways it has seemed fast but in ways slow. But mainly it's just been fast. haha Well I'm glad Regan is doing well. I wouldn't know because she doesn't write to me. ha (I hope you read that Regan) But President Beesley said that our friends could email us and we could send short replies to them. So maybe that will make it easier for her. Man, yeah Provo just doesn't like us. I think when I get home after a year of straight A's in Hawaii I'm going to apply for Provo then when they accept me I'll deny them haha. Or that could just backfire and they not accept me.... but either way. So where is Emily going to room if Megan and Sammi are already rooming together? Man, why do the schools and youth groups always do cool things after I leave???. Well I'm glad everyone is doing well. Things have been slow here this week. We realized the other day we went from around 11 Investigators to 2 without us really knowing what happened . So we've been trying to find people. And people haven't wanted to listen. So we're going to have to change our tactics on finding. It is time to talk to more random people and such. But pretty soon the ward is starting a 40 day missionary fast and we're going to be working with them a lot on that. The only problem is I'll probably leave a week after they start it..... haha But hopefully the members take this to heart and actually act beyond just not eating for their assigned day. That's how they're going to get their ward goal this year, and any other year really. We had three kids get baptized on Saturday so that was pretty exciting, a good ending to a really slow and kind of frustrating week. So I feel like I'm being prepared for something in my future by who I've successfully taught so far on my mission. Out of the 9 people who have progressed to baptism that I have taught only one of them was an "adult". I think wherever I go from here I'm going to feel just like a brand new greenie, especially if I go to the Spanish area. I'll probably just sit there with my hands in my lap wondering what in the world they're saying. So I'll be almost 8 months out on my mission and won't have a clue as to what is going on ha, kind of sad. But I guess it'll be time for me to learn some real humility haha. Oh yeah did you save the pictures from my card onto the computer at home? There are only like 20 on that card right now..... Well I guess things are going alright here. We're planning on heading to Metlakatla next week then President Beesley and the ZL's are coming down for a fireside and interviews and such. Then transfer calls will be the next week. We're halfway through the transfer. fun fun. I hope all is well in Dayton. I miss the flat and green. All is well in Zion.
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment