We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Email from Elder Tellez 2-27-12



Hi sweet family of mine,

Thank you all, as usual, for your emails. Gramma, the weather has been crazy down here too. Wednesday and Thursday we incredibly hot, the sun was insane, and to top it off we had to literally walk from one end of the city to the other and we are dirt poor so we couldn't take a taxi or buy water to hydrate. But we are still alive, haha, and still kicking. Then, Friday and Saturday were incredibly cold and like a mild hurricane type of wind the whole two days. I'm sorry to hear about the internet and somewhat glad that I don't have to worry about the internet being out, or, having internet at all, haha. I have that liahona from 2010 that has that article by Elder Bednar, it is great, and I think I actually used it for one of the Family Home Evenings that I gave to one of the families in the branch. We have soooo many Liahonas in our house that it isn't even funny, and I read every single one of them. I also have read "Preparing to Enter the Holy Temple" and "Our Heritage" and I am almost done with "Our Search For Happiness" and then I will tackle "Jesus The Christ" both in english and spanish. Bianca, I would expect Tosha to have enemies, haha, she is hard to get along with and not exactly the best employee. But you haven't answered my question, who is manager in Dayton? I am glad that you are hanging out with a guy and going on dates (it's about time!!). If he likes you, that is good. If he doesn't like you, then it wasn't meant to be. Mama, I still haven't gotten the package yet and I won't get it until the next conference in Veracruz, which is in April and then I might get it, haha. I have the check, I can't cash it because I can't go to the only place in the state of Veracruz that is capable of doing so, Plaza de Las Americas in Veracruz. Ohhhh, haha, Presidente Maza, my branch president old me to tell you to send him some beef jerky (they don't have that here), so, when you send the next package (don't rush it or anything) can you send some beef jerky, it is highly doubtful that I will be in Isla when that happens but I will most certainly eat it. Also, can you send church music, like that CD that I have of InsideOut. We have a Western Union here, but I don't know if I can go inside, you will have to ask my mission pres. I also eat a bunch of chicken in almost every way, haha, I'm not a big fan of chicken right now, haha. We eat mole, carne guisada, and I can't think of what else, oh yeah tamales. In our house, all we have is rice, so that is all we have been eating here, luckly I watched closely to how you make it and others, and boy do I make some good rice, haha. Since we are poor and all of the members went to the temple saturday, we couldn't eat with the person that we were scheduled to eat with, but luckly we have investigators that love us. Bueno, el tiempo ha pasado. Ya tengo que comer. Nos vemos. Que les vaya bien. Cuidense y otra cosas. Les quiero.

No comments:

Post a Comment