We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Trinity 2-27-12

Hey! thanks for the email. That's a pretty good leap Megan. My Birthday was just a day ,haha, not much to speak of. I was kind of sick from the day before. We did go to an Inactive members house for her birthday and then at night time for some reason they were shooting fireworks from the top of Deermountain so I guess that was cool. We were supposed to have a baptism but that fell through. Not too much of a surprise. Did I get any presents? no ha but one of our recent converts said Happy Birthday haha I did get the box you sent but I accidentally opened it a few days before my birthday sooooo oops . How did her dance competition go?  I'll send her a thank you card the problem with that is that the only thank you cards I have are ones that she sent me haha. I'll get a different one. Yeah, I got a letter from Regan, I'll reply. The girls want to go to London eh? That sounds like an adventure. Wouldn't they need passports as well? Day trips out of Austin for spring break? That sounds like it has pretty good potential. Of course there are no day trips out of Ketchikan so maybe I'm just missing that possibility. Well this week has been interesting. We taught 4 total lessons this week. I've had weeks with almost 20. So, things have been moving slowly. But this week we did some more finding and actually talked to more people we had never met before. So we have a few possibilities lining up but so far no breaks into a lot of work anywhere. Our ward is starting a 40 day fast and it just so happens that on that same day President Beesley is going to give a fireside in Ketchikan. That works out pretty well I think. President and Sister Beesley and the Zone Leaders are coming on Thursday for some ward training and interviews. Then they're going to Prince of Whales then they're coming right back on Sunday for the fireside and they're leaving Monday morning. So it will be another interesting week. Then, 5 days after he leaves here we get transfer calls. exciting stuff. So yeah I guess it's just the normal happenings here. It was beautiful and sunny the past 2 days and of course on our P-day it would start snowing for the first time in a month haha!!  I can't wait for winter to be over. I want it to be warm, maybe even hot! I at least want the sun to be out.  It would be cool to be able to do things outside as well. But I will miss the waterfalls everywhere. I don't know if I've mentioned that there are always hundreds of waterfalls going down cliffs on the side of the road here. It's pretty sweet. Well I guess that's enough of my pointless rambling. I'm glad things are going well. I'm kind of envious of what your weather is right now but, all is well in Zion.
Later….
Yes I am having a good day. I think we're going to play basketball with some members today. I wish I could swing dance. I miss dancing and music, definitely one of the biggest things. I can't wait till I get back and D'nel is taller than Megan haha! She should stay in band until at least 8th grade. But yeah force her to do piano. That’s one of my top regrets is not knowing piano already. Thanks for the email! love you!
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment