We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, March 26, 2012

On the Roof 3-26-12




3-26-12
Hey! Thanks for the emails and pictures! I'm doing well here in Anchorage. I am definitely speaking Spanish more often. It's kind of tuff just because the only Spanish I knew was the mtc Spanish and that was 6 months old.  So the one getting trained is better than me ha. But my companions are really good and help me a lot.  Oh yeah I did get the package thank you for that. We'll be sure to dye some Easter eggs.  Oh and I got a package from Nicole!  Thanks Nicole!  So is it only strange to me that when we go out and do stuff we always try to fit in an Ikea visit?? Haha!!  Congratulations D'nel, keep it up!    Megan needs to take one of those actual drivers ed courses where they drive with you and everything lol, no offense of course :) The work in Anchorage..... It's more hectic that's for sure.  And I see a lot more missionaries.  Oh and sorry I was wrong, "breakup" is definitely starting now ha.  It's terrible. We went through a carwash and in the 2 minutes it took to get to the next persons house there was already icy mud on the windows.  And by the end of the day I could write on it already.  No more moose encounters as of yet but don't worry they'll happen.  Yeah the sun is already staying up until a little after 8. So yeah, there’ll be long days.  Dad’s mowing the yard now? I saw some grass yesterday.  Well,  the work has been fast here. We're teaching people English more or less,  then asking if they're interested in the Gospel.  If they're not we still teach them English of course.  But yeah we had four people we're teaching come to church yesterday so that was awesome!  Oh yeah and it's a branch you know so there are no young women and like 2 young men and 1 High Priest. And probably like 5 Gringos that speak Spanish ha. One person passes the sacrament.  Quite a change from 7 in Ketchikan.  It's great though.  The people are awesome and don't make fun of me too much for not being able to speak well. I'll probably be here for a while,  which I don't mind.  Elder Samuelson has been here two different times and it totals to 12 transfers which is like 14 or 15 months haha.,so yeah things are pretty good here. We're excited for General Conference!  I'm not sure if we're going to listen to it in English though..... I'm a little worried about that. Oh yeah before I forget. You know that "Mexican blanket" I brought with me? How am I supposed to wash it?  Well thanks again for the email!  Everything is great with me here. I hope you guys are ready for May. It's coming fast and I remember that was always a ridiculous month.  All is well in this part of Zion.

Love,
       Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment