We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Email from Elder Tellez 3-26-12

Hello, how is everyone doing.

I won't be sending photos this week, because the camera doesn't want to connect with the computer and usually I had this device that I used to plug my card up to the computer, but E. Lastra took it with him. For some reason, there isn't a slot for the card on the computer. It's all good (although I did waste 20 min of my time trying to fix it so this will be a small email). E. Barnes is cool. You would think that people would be talking to me more now, but Marcos still comes with us everyday and now people are coming to him for missionary matters that he doesn't know. During the weekend, I lost my voice, due to the extreme change in weather and the fact that Papa (E.) Lastra is gone and I teach almost all of the lesson. E. Barnes speaks really good spanish and clearly knows more words than me, but he speaks incredibly white, haha. The people in this town are a little think and just act like they don't know what we are saying, haha, it's all good though. People have said that I sound mexican when I talk (I wonder why?? haha). So, E. Barnes told me that he is just waiting on the elders from the MTC to get their visas so they can come to Mexico and then he will train, he actually only has two more transfers left not three. So, either this week or next week, I'm gone. This past tuesday, Mexico had an earthquake, my first one!! Yay!! E. Barnes and I were sitting at the bus station in Veracruz when all of a sudden, I thought my head was hurting and that everything was getting dizzy. Then I realized that it was the ground that was moving, we ran outside and waited for it to be over, yup, that was cool experience, haha. Thank you everyone for the emails. Brother Smesny is getting baptized!! He is cool. I love you all, talk to ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment