We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Email from Elder Tellez 3-12-12




Hello again everybody,

As you might have guessed, I am still alive. Nothing new happened really. We had a baptism this saturday. As you can tell in the photo, there are 4, but the little girl didn't get baptized after all. She was scared of the water and the people, so E. Lastra closed the curtain, but she still didn't want to E. Lastra said that he was just going to say the prayer and then dunk her, but she was latched onto her mom. So we only have 3, but she will get baptized later in life. We have 3 more for this Saturday, we'll see how that goes I guess, haha, and a couple more the week after. This is the last week of this transfer, we'll see if I or E. Lastra get transferred (cross your fingers), if not, it will be 5 1/2 months with him and in the same area. I still don't have the trust of the members, I really don't even think they like me. But, I just keep my head up, smile, and show love to them, haha. As long as I am doing what I am doing and living a Christ-like mission, it will all be good. I got the email from E. Newell, he seems cool, in the few words he wrote, haha. Haha, Nyah will play the saxophone, yea buddy!! Just thought I'd throw this out there, I don't like Conte at all, watch out for him. Haha, my mom is a Jack in the Box employee, re-living the old days at Burger King. You are going to end up working more days and doing more things, because that is how it is at Jack, you want a job just two days and just doing prep, but the thing is that all employees need to know every station in the store. All managers know that, it doesn't matter if they are friends, haha. But it is all good, you are working, you will meet new people and make money. Gramma, thank you for all of the emails and quotes and things. So, I only had like 20 min on the computer because it kept on crashing, now E. Lastra is done, because he had his full hour and is impatiently ready to go. So, with that being said, I bid you all adieu. Hope every one is safe, healthy and faithful servants of the Lord. Love ya -Elder Tellez

No comments:

Post a Comment