We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Trinity 2-13-12



6 months out!!

Hey! Thanks for the pictures and emails! The address here is po box 6321 Ketchikan, AK 99901. But by March you probably shouldn't use that one anymore or March 5th or so. I'm glad things are going well there. I'm a little upset I wasn't there for the donkey basketball.... but I’m sure there are videos I'll see in a year and a half ha. It's strange that D'nel will be in the youth group so soon.... she's getting old! I bet the girls are ready to get out of there. I doubt that they'll miss it once it's gone either. Yeah when I finally do leave it probably won't be too fun.  This week has been interesting. Half really fast and half slow. We had Elder Denison from Prince of Whales Island up until Thursday so that time went by fast. There weren’t a whole lot of lessons taught this week so that made it seem slow. Another person decided they want to be baptized so that was good. But then she didn't show for church.  But Ian got the priesthood on Sunday and his mom came for it so that was really good. Anghel, Rheman, and Jhasen are all set for this Saturday and they're excited about it. A lot of stuff has been happening in their family recently so this should be really good for them and the rest of their family. Oh I finally burned my six month tie. It was a little late but it was pretty cool. and we saw some sea lions swimming at the same time. Oh somebody left a box of baked goods on our doorstep the other night. That always worries me a little because there is no name or anything but we figure they're safe to eat haha. I'm still the same size but I think I’m losing muscle (I don't have a lot to spare) so I need to get back on top of the morning work outs haha.  Those baked goods aren't going to help too much haha, but things are going swimmingly here. But i can't lie I am excited for the winter to be ending here. I'm tiiiirred of the rain... soooo much rain. But other than that Ketchikan is great and I'm going to miss it immensely when I leave and I'm definitely visiting after my mission so I can do all those cool things missionaries can't do here haha All is well in Zion.
                   Elder Waddell 

No comments:

Post a Comment