We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Elder Waddell 6-18-12


Nauvoo. That's a sweet youth conference. I hope you guys have fun.
Sweet, I can't wait for that package. I've been meaning to send a
package for over 3 transfers now.... sorry I'm a failure. But it'll be
off tomorrow I promise.  Sister Chavez said Bro. Escobar
facebooked them haha small world huh? Things have been okay this week.
Doing the normal stuff and the normal amount of people we can't seem
to get in contact with. We've been finding new people steadily so
that's a good thing. I'm trying to think of anything particularly
exciting that happened. We had Zone conference and Elder Koelliker
came and taught us stuff. It was a strangely short Zone conference but
really good. We met a guy that lives in our apartments who lived in
Humble. Oh the elders in the Tongan ward live in the same building as
us so we get to see them pretty often. When we have a stressful day we
go up to their room at the end of the night to get some "tongan love"
haha One of them is named Elder Tonga and he's from Tonga ha he's
quite a guy. Oh yeah before I forget could you get addresses for me of
people like... Kenton Mccrae, Justin Nickel, Vincent Guerrera, Clark
Vial. people like that. hmmm This Sunday a lot of people came to
church. Our little institute room was pretty full. It helps that one
guy just brought his entire family up from Utah and another family
came and a few people who don't normally come to the branch. But it
was nice. Oh I think I saw a lightning strike yesterday. Lightning
doesn't really happen in Alaska, but I think I saw a tiny one between a
really low cloud and the top of a mountain, so it was really short.
But yeah, so things haven't been too bad, not too easy but not too bad.
There's some promise in the work. That’s about all. I hope your
summer is going well. Love you guys. All is well in Zion.

No comments:

Post a Comment