We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Elder Waddell 6-4-12





We still have Pres. Banks? Sweet, ha I hope that doesn't change so he can release me as well. Just so you know when I come back I'll definitely be visiting the Spanish branches a lot. But yeah, so this week has been interesting I guess.  We met a couple of new people and lost a couple. We're going to Wasilla once a week to work with Spanish people so that's pretty nice. The other two Spanish elders got sent to Juneau to try and get stuff going there. We’re going to have a fireside in a couple of weeks to excite the branch then another one a couple of weeks later to bring their friends to and there will be food!!  Elder Dean is finally coming back from "the bush" He'll be a Zone leader in Wasilla so we'll be going on exchanges with them to do the Spanish stuff. So that's pretty cool. I decided I'm going to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish before I hit my year mark. So I only have 46 days and the Spanish version is 100 pgs longer than the English but I think I can do it. It should help with my Spanish too. I think I've got the majority of the "being a missionary" logistics down now I just need to be able to do it all in Spanish and hopefully Pres. will be able to trust me enough to send me to places to try to get Spanish work rolling. Kind of like what we're doing in Wasilla part-time. But right now my biggest struggle is trying to do what I need to make Pres. Banks words that "I’ll be fluent" come to pass. I guess the term fluent is relative so we'll see. So we're just keeping on. Oh, Elder Christensen has finally left "the bowl" he's in the Soldotna zone as a zone leader, pretty exciting for him.
                                                                                            Love you guys. All is well in Zion.

No comments:

Post a Comment