We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Elder Everett Escobar  5/30/2012

Hi,

So on the topic of my debit card, I had to use it because my support card was not working properly. No I have not used my gift card. Seminary Teacher, ew! Well don't you have a load to carry?! Big church meeting, excuse me, humungous explosive church meeting! Sounds legit, but a little sad, and to think that we just split from a stake not too long ago. Poor Aaron, oh well. Travis is moving on up! So this week is transfer week, trust me I wouldn't forget to write you. Oh Witerland came to church and still wants to get baptized, however, I have some news:

So this transfer almost everyone got hit with a curve ball, there were a lot of changes made in the mission. So believe it or not the Weston 1st Ward is getting shotgunned and it is the new 'Office Elder' area. So since it is now the 'Office Elder' area, there won't be as much missionary work going on, which is sad but the Lord knows best. 

So Elder White is going to Hartford, Connecticut and I am going to..............................................Newport, Rhode Island. Everyone has told me that Newport is beautiful, that I will be knocking on the doors of mansions, and that there is a pretty strong ward there. So I am excited. However, it has been hard to say goodbye/farewell to people, including our current investigators. It's sad because the missionary work was just picking up in this area. So we have been making our farewell runs throughout the week. So we have just been scrambling to see everybody these past three days. And I will be in my new area tomorrow. So I have pictures and I will probably have a little bit more to write about next week.

Love you guys,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment