We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Elder Waddell 4-30-12








Hey. So this week has been about the norm. Not that great as far as teaching and stuff but not all that bad either. It seems reeeaaaallly long though. When I remember that Elder Samuelson was with us this week it makes it seem like forever ago. But it was just a couple of days. We got to go to the temple on Tuesday. So that was great. I really needed it. That's where we said goodbye to Elder Samuelson then we were off to the normal work! Elder Samuelson being gone has been good for my Spanish to the extent that now I teach a lot more in the lessons since there are just two of us. So that's good. Oh yeah I gave a talk in church yesterday. I found out the reason I shouldn't prepare a talk with a lot of things to read and stuff. I take fooorreevvver. But it wasn't too bad. Oh and yeah I got the stamp and the box thanks! I got another nametag yes but I still wear the other ones all the time. I just wear the Valdes one to specific places. About the Spanish music,  I guess you can send hymns but I meant more of just church type music that's in Spanish. I don't have the opportunity to look for music ha. Oh and I meant do you know who Indalecio's parents are. Okay well back to this week. hmmm. Well I don't think we really had any adventures. One of our investigators is supposedly in the Dominican Republic for the next month. So that's no fun. The weather is fantastic here right now. It has sprinkled once since I've been here. Recently it's in the 50's to 60's and sunny. The sun is coming up at 6:30am and going down completely around 10pm. So that's nice. We're trying to decide if the Branch should stay split in two areas or if we should combine it again. At this point one area could handle all the work that's happening. And supposedly they need Spanish speakers in Sitka and Dutch Harbor. So we'll see what happens. So things are going well. I'm learning, I'm growing, trying to help others do the same thing you know. Sorry this one is short. All is well in Zion.

Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment