We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Emails from Elder Tellez

He sent this email on April 30th but it didn't go through. So, when he found out that I hadn't heard from him, he re-sent it on May 7th.
Hello, How is everyone? So, I am finally being transferred. Tomorrow I will be going to Poza Rica. I will be senior companion. So more than likely I will be in the new mission unless I get randomly transferred before, haha. Anything new on that side of the world? I will have a companion that has less time than me, just by one month, haha. He is pretty cool, he was in my zone before he was transferred over there. I will have a ward. Wow, it is so hard to say bye to people after having almost 6 months in that area. Presidente Maza, my branch president was awesome. In the pictures: the Hipolitos (the greatest family ever), this massive family who are getting baptized this saturday :( so I had to take a picture because they are awesome, Olga one of my converts, Poncho the parrot of the Hipolitos, the fan we have in the house that we pimped out with crayons while it was moving (i don't know why but it is fun to stick your hand in the fan, haha), and me flexing for everyone, yup haha. This new area actually has things to do during P-day, so look forward to awesome pictures of pyramids and things. Thanks for the pics everyone. Oh and there are pics of my district, the greatest in the world!!!!! I want contacts haha. I really wish there was some way that I could recieve money from home. I need new shoes. My boots are fine but they tear up my feet. My nice shoes are absolutely dead, haha, they have no soul, haha. Also in my area I will have a Little Caesar and Burger Kings, Mcdonalds, Walmarts, and other things like that. I have a coupon for Burger King that I got in a bag of chips for a whopper jr. Well time is up. Love you all!!!!!
This is the regular weekly email he sent on May 7th.
Hello again, So some of the pictures are not all there this past email. I sent it again and I hope you got it. I might even get in trouble. I have a huge headache and I'm sick again. I can't send photos because this computer is ignorant. What luck I had, haha. So, my new companion, Elder García, think about Aaron Escobar back in the day with his hiperness, haha. I won't lie, it was an incredibly difficult week trying to get along with him. But now we are getting along. My area is a place called Coatzintla. It is part of Poza Rica, but it isn't. My area is huge and so spaced out it is so difficult to learn, oh yeah, there is no map in the house, haha. The ward is nice and awesome. Sunday after church, we had choir practice, because soon we will have our ward conference. It is funny, but here, the men sing better than the women, haha. Today in the morning while we were in Poza Rica just after we ate some Burger King, Elder García recieved a called that tomorrow he is going to Coatzamalaupan (or however you spell it) which is in south Veracruz like an hour from Isla. My new companion will be Elder Ramirez, whom, I think they told me, ends his mission in June. So, I think I will get bumped back down to junior companion. But it's all good, haha. Because of the fact that I have to go to Veracruz with Elder García and later return to Poza Rica, which is 5 hours one way, I now don't have money. But I will live, don't worry. Oh yeah, the house is two stories, but small, and has AC in the bedroom. I will be sure and take pictures for next week. Gramma, black socks, preferably tough-like because I have holes in all of my socks. Foodwise, anything american, please, haha. The mailing address is the same, the address that you should have is to the offices in Veracruz. I still haven't cashed the checks, but I will talk to the president. Ok, that is all of the time I have. Time to rest a little and regain some strength. I love you all!!!!!
He sent this later that day. It was titled: "Ohhhhhh, I forgot"
This sunday at 8:40 more or less, we are going to talk. We might not Skype, but I hope so. This computer accept my camera. Enjoy the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment