We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Elder Waddell 5/23/12

Hey! I'm doing well. How're you guys? last monday ever huh? that's
pretty exciting i guess. Graduation here was like a week or two ago.
But that's probably because winter starts in September here ha. They
got to make the best of the summer. Man I miss the month of May back
home. Everybody running around and you always have somewhere to be.
But I guess as a missionary you always have somewhere to be as well
ha. Oh random thought. sooo as a missionary i'm realizing how
disgustingly unhealthy sweets are. I'm about to make an oath to never
eat them except at members houses. so If you send me a package please
help me prevent myself from fattening up ha. so just a thought ha Man
I bet the girls are excited to get out of school. They complained
about it enough growing up ha. I remember when I realized I kind of
missed the structure of going to school all day with at least a few
friends and not having to worry about anything other than homework. ha
But I would never go back to high school. I'm surprised I made it out
of there without messing up more than i did. I was pretty dumb ha Yeah
Megan needs to stay in BYUH at least for a year after I'm back there.
But she needs to do dance stuff. Well this week just like normal was
fast but looking back it seems like everything was so long ago. So
there were 4 Spanish elders in the Branch but president decided to
close the west side. So now Elder Thorne (Espina) and I cover all of
Anchorage. So the rest of this transfer will be interesting. There
will be a lot more driving now. We're having a hard time trying to
figure out how to get the Branch here really excited about the work so
we can start getting people that they know. Because right now it's not
even like a realy branch. They don't have their own primary or youth
programs. It's pretty much just sacrament in spanish with everybody
who's not an adult going to the ward next door for sunday school.
We're looking for some miracles here. We had stake conference and the
day before missionary training with an area authority and member of
the 70 and it was Awesome....but none of the branch was there. so
there's a good chance it won't help us at all. Because it was a bishop
and ward mission leader training. But things are looking better with
the people we're teaching and that's a good sign. That might even help
excite the Branch. Hopefully the other area closing will be a little
of a wake-up call for some of them. But it's hard because I feel like
they're all trying but they all seem to work sooooo much. The majority
of the people we work with have at least 2 jobs. That doesn't help too
much with the coming to church thing. But we've been getting a lot of
good training from people recently and I think that's helping us
become more effective with the time we do have with them so eventually
we will have done our jobs and it's all up to agency from there. One
of the trainings helped us focus our work and our purpose. All of this
work is about helping people gain access to the Atonement. Without the
ordinances they can't. Plain and simple. So that's the message we're
trying to get accross to everyone. members included. and I guess
ourselves included as well. Yeah so that's about what's going on.
Things are looking up here. I hope things are exciting there. I love
you all. All is well in Zion.

Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment