We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Email from Elder Tellez 6-18-12

Hello again. About the pictures of the Summerwood building, haha: Gramma, you said that mama might send it and mama, you said that gramma probably sent it. No one sent it, haha. It would be ok if you both send it. Gracias, I love you!! Elder Lee is cool, he is from Idaho like Elder Barnes. He has 6 months on the mission. Wow!!!! in 2 weeks or so, I will complete 10 months. About the stomach problems, I have always had them even when I was home. I haven't gotten the package yet nor the letter from Megan or anybody else for that matter, haha. I don't even know what I have spent the money on, but I still have some. I haven't bought any shoes or socks. I did strike gold, however. Elder Ramirez left one of his luggages (on purpose) full of clothes and other useful things. So I now have a bunch of socks and things. We baptized a girl named Ana Isabel yesterday. We will be baptizing the kid next to me in the photo and the woman next to him (brother and mother of the girl) this coming week. That boy, Memo, has made so many changes in this week and a half that I have known him. Last sunday, he went to church in a torn-up shirt, a full-on beard, ripped blue jeans, and drunk. As you can tell in the baptismal picture, he wore a tie, shirt, dark jeans and black shoes. I gave him the shirt, tie, and shoes. The shoes, I just found in the house and they were brand spanking new. He hasn't drunken in one week. He can't read or think right, but he is still a child of God and wants to enter through the door (baptism) that will lead him to his Father in Heaven. Elder Lee says that he isn't related to President Harold B. Lee. I am going to have Domino's this Saturday, yaya. It was raining nonstop this weekend and I loved every minute of it. "The rains came down and the floods came up" it is so true, all of the streets were rivers!!!!!! I love it!!!! We moved the couch that we have downstairs, now we can study with it, ahhhhhh relaxation. Josh!!!!!!!!! enjoy Nauvoo!!!!!!! Time to go. I love you all!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment