We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Elder Escobar 7-28-13

Hello,
Farkle!!! I like that game. I've played that on my mission. So what are Samuel's plans? Is he staying in the area for a little while? Things are getting better. I already know that this is going to be the 3-week haul of my life (as of now). I know it's going to be hard, I see it coming. It's the last and final push. This week we have been a little stunted in our efforts. We have had to join ourselves with the other elders in the ward. One of them hurt his ankle pretty bad (they don't have a car) so he can't ride a bike. So they have been with us all through the week. We've been taking care of him, but we have been visiting members this week especially the less-active members to inform them about the temple. We also went on splits with one of the young men in our ward. He seems pretty enthusiastic about going on a mission. The moment he was with us he wanted a missionary haircut. So I gave him one (he and his family liked it a lot). Maybe that's something that I could do when I get back home. Haircuts for $5, I am pretty good at it. I don't know if I told you but I cut my own hair and I cut all of the other missionaries hair. I don't charge them though, maybe I should. Just kidding. So it's looking like we might have to watch the temple groundbreaking at the Avon chapel (things aren't going quite as expected). Sounds like this week has been fairly eventful for all of you. I still haven't heard much about Danny though. So Taylor and McKenna finally tied the knot. So are either of them working? I imagine the reception was nice. Was it held at the Community Center that is in the Dayton Library?
Well Mom I kind of agree on the fact, that I hope that they give me all of this month's msf. If they don't I might have to call and plead my case haha. I read Alma 14 recently and I felt like I could really relate to the whole chapter, even though I'm not quite in the same situation and circumstances that they were placed in. Hopefully the end of my mission does turn out to be somewhat like Alma and Amulek. I have heard from Megan Loveland a little bit. I last heard from her 2 weeks ago. I'm still trying to configure how I'm going to send the rest of my stuff home. I do have a plan though, hopefully it goes through. We all have a bunch of stuff to do and don't have much time, but that's life. I will be calling Sister Needham to see if we're are still good to stay at her place in Worcester. And yes keep me updated on the hotel situation. I love all of you and hope that you have a great week.
Sincerely,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment