We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Elder Escobar 8-5-13

Hi!
This is my second to last e-mail that you will get from me being out here in the mission field. That seems super weird. I still don't think that it's actually hit me even though I have been making all of these preparations to go home. I've been giving some of my stuff away already to missionaries. I don't think that it will really hit me until it actually happens. By the way, I did get the full amount of msf for this month so that was a relief. So I didn't give my final testimony to Avon Ward, I'm reserving that for next Sunday. This past week we have still been striving to visit everyone on the ward list in preparation for the temple groundbreaking. And we've gone on splits everyday with the Young Men of the ward. No new investigators this week, but that's not our main focus anyways. This past week was interesting visiting with both active and less-active members, just hearing what they have to say (drama, oh boy). The adversary is making his presence known with some of the members (so much pride and selfishness) as the temple is about to begin being erected. I've noticed it just intensify these past few weeks. Yep we got the pride cycle that has been apparent throughout the history of the church going on. Anyways, on a happier note, this past week we received a phone call from the non-profit organization that we do serve at. They knew that we've been trying to get involved with the community more so they asked us if we would like to attend 2 events this week that would benefit charity organizations within the community. Of course, we said YES. So the first event is a golf tournament of which they are having us take part in. Yea, we will be playing golf this week with leaders in the community of Avon, Simsbury, Plainville, and Farmington. I think it's a pretty good proselyting opportunity. We can get a lot done with all 4 of those cities leaders in just 2 or 3 hours in the morning (I think that's pretty efficient, effective work). The second is a Community Cook-Off Fundraiser for a variety of charity services. We will be helping and assisting in setting up, serving people food, and taking down for the event. Ought to be fun. Also this week we have Zone Conference. So last week was busy and I'm pretty sure that this week will be busy too as our days fill up.
 Oh Mom, about the books for school question: It sounds good to me. So I'm pretty sure that we are going to have to watch the temple groundbreaking via broadcast at the chapel. Here's the address: 27 Lawton Rd (Canton, CT)  Telling Danny and everyone else that I say "Hi!" back (I am waving at the computer screen) and tell them that I love them too. Same for me, I can't wait to see you guys, I imagine that's when I'm going to break down. But yes I will keep working hard till the end.
Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment