We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Elder Escobar's last email!!! 8-12-13

Hey, last e-mail while on the mission!!!
 
It's so crazy, but just like you said ready or not here we come. Well from the phone call that I made to you on your birthday, you already know the beef of my week. You already know the about zone conference, exit interview, and what not. However, there are a few things that you don't know about. So yesterday I was pretty disappointed with the bishop of Avon Ward. So for a few weeks now bishop had been proposing that I speak or bear my testimony my last Sunday here. So, even in PEC yesterday he yet again brought up the fact that this was my last Sunday. However, in sacrament meeting he didn't even acknowledge me or call me up to bear my testimony. And it's not like he forgot, Elder Watson was even performing hand motions throughout the meeting just in case he had somehow forgotten. Okay....the only time that he actually told the congregation that I was leaving was in priesthood, not that it really mattered then. Geez, so much disrespect (I'll explain later.) After church we got a call from President Packard. Turns out that there is a Elder going home on Thursday and so Elder Watson will be taking his place (it's a Zone Leader area). Yep Elder Watson is leaving on Thursday and I will be in a trio with Elder Farr and Elder Boren (the other missionaries in the ward) .So for at least 2 weeks there won't be any missionaries in the Avon/Simsbury area. At transfers they could put Elders or Sisters in the area. So yea that's the exciting stuff that happened yesterday! This coming week, I will be with the Farmington Elders. So let's work and let's go! We went to the temple site yesterday and took some pictures (those pics are on this e-mail). Well I don't want to say too much, otherwise I might not have anything to talk about when you get here :P Just kidding.
 
It's sad to hear that Brother Pate passed away. I was thinking about him this past week. Looks like all 4 of us missionaries from Liberty Ward are getting replaced with the youth. That's good! And Gilberto is going to serve a mission, that's amazing!
 
It has truly been an amazing experience serving my fellow brothers and sisters that reside within the New England area. I am sure that throughout the years as I reflect on my time here, my heart will be filled with even more gratitude. This has been the best 2 years of my life as of right now. The following years should be even better than the last, as more challenges, knowledge, and opportunities come into the equation of life. D&C Section 4 isn't just for missionaries, it's for all of us. We all need to keep pressing forward with an eye single to the glory of God in all that we do. Where one mission ends, another begins. The Lord knows what He is doing and apparently it is time for me to return home. And in so doing I will have to take my discipleship as well as the knowledge and understanding that I have received in this sphere and adapt them into the next phase of life.
I will see you soon!
 
Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment