We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Elder Escobar  12/5/2011
 
 
Hello mi familia,
 
I'm glad that everything is okay back home (although it could be better), wow too many people are getting prego (pregnant). The Christmas Devotional was awesome I enjoyed it. The person who played the part of 'Joseph' in the Nativity Video that they showed is a member here in Boston, he goes to one of the Singles Wards. Everything is going great here, as of right now it is not snowing but I'm pretty sure that it will be soon. We have another elder added into the fam this week. Elder Huntsman is from Atascocita/San Antonio, Texas and will be serving in Russia but he's waiting on his visa. This week was interesting, we had a lot of people curse at us, shouting at us, striving to bash with us, but towards the end we saw some miracles. We gained a new investigator, Jason Sandler. We have 2 Progressing Investigators, Matthew Teal and Jason Sandler, both of which are golden. Basically if they don't get baptized it will be completely our fault, because you can just tell that the Lord has just been preparing them throughout their lives. They are really amazing! I'm loving it. Oh and I did read those chapters in Alma, I wrote down my thoughts but I forgot to bring my journal, so I will write my thoughts to you about those chapters next week. By the way, I keep having a strong feeling that I need to get in contact a former classmate of mine.  I feel like she needs some help and I haven't heard from her in a while, so if you could do that and get her info to me as soon as possible that would be greatly appreciated, peas and thank you. Chris Battoo is from a country in the Middle-East (I can't remember how to spell or how to even say the country's name). In the pics that I sent you there is Sister Meier (short, white), Elder Ellis (black), David Johnston (glasses, no tag, was the ward mission leader), and Johnny Palmer (grey suit, brown hair, looks like a politician, he is the ward mission leader). Anyways, Elder Huntsman will be here till probably mid-January. But yea everything is going great so far. Oh yea please pray for Chris, opposition from family/friends have spiked dramatically but so far he's hanging in there. And pray for Matt and Jason so that they can recognize the Spirit and gain answers to their prayers. We had a Zone Temple trip this week as well. We also went to the Museum of Science this morning and had a great time. By the way TRANSFERS are on Dec 15, we will know what is going to happen on Saturday so I will keep you tuned in and up to date. Christmas phone calls 'should be' a maximum of 40 minutes. Oh I also got the 2 packages and THANK YOU for everything. Elder Yim really enjoyed his package as well. 
 
Love you all very much, Best of wishes,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment