We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, December 5, 2011

12-5-11 Zone Conference in Juneau

Hey. Well zone conference was this week. We missed our flight Wednesday morning because we were slightly too lax and missed the ferry. So we got a later plane trip and when we got on the plane there were "mechanical problems" so it took forever to get going. Then it was an island hopper so we went to Sitka and we had a pretty rough landing cause the weather was so bad and windy. So they cancelled the flight to Juneau....surprise... so we went to Anchorage for the night and had to leave early in the morning to fly to Juneau. So we got there and immediately had the 8 hours of Zone Conference. It was fun. We got to meet people from the rest of the areas here. Our district is us, POW, Petersburg and Wrangell so we got to be with them. Then the others were Juneau and Sitka and Hoonah and Whitehorse in the Yukon ha. So it was cool being with other missionaries. And we learned a lot about how to teach the message of Christmas. We all had interviews with Pres. Beesley. He told me I might leave this transfer and If I don’t  I’m 100% for sure leaving the next one. Because my Spanish is about to go downhill fast if nothing happens to strengthen it. We're getting another Spanish speaker this transfer and the next and the next ha so he's looking to do something with us. So either way I'm going to go somewhere cold in the middle of winter. So I’ll have to get a jacket. Oh I got the two Christmas packages. But we haven't checked the mail since we've been gone so we'll see what's in there today. I didn't forget about your birthday haha you'll get at least a card :P  But you realize I have an hour for emails? I cannot write for an hour. That’s just one of those plain and simple facts of life elder Waddell cannot write about his week for an entire hour. Ha, so you can make emails as long and numerous as you want, because this is the only time in the week I consistently hear anything about what's going on back home from anybody. Anyone can email I just have to write the people who are family. So tell Emily, Megan, and D'nel to stop being lazy and shoot me an email. Well the work is still going strong here. If everything works out we'll have at least two more baptized by the end of the year. One of them was supposed to be this last Saturday but we weren't here. And we will hopefully have a few more in January. The people are awesome here and when I leave I'm going to miss it, probably a lot. But I really need to learn Spanish. So yeah everything is good over here so far. I hope Texas is still doing fine. All is well in Zion. Love you

             Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment