We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Elder Waddell 11-28-11


Hey all is going well. The weather has been strange but it was beautiful and clear yesterday. Ian and Lianne got baptized on Saturday so that was a good day. Most of the snow is washed away right now and the rain is coming down just like normal but it'll be back soon. I haven't gotten any packages. Maybe they'll be in today. But did you send my sd card??? I haven't gotten it so that worries me. The sun is setting a little before 4 now and we're in the most southern town in Alaska. But it doesn't help that even if the sun wasn't setting we never see it anyways because of the rain. This week is Zone Conference so that's exciting. We get the Prince of Whales elders tomorrow then Wednesday we fly to Juneau and we come back on Saturday. So it'll be nice meeting the other missionaries and being in Juneau. But it will be significantly colder so I’m not sure how well that dog is gonna hunt. We had a good Thanksgiving with the members and we kinda floated from house to house a little. It was nice. Man Christmas is in like 4 weeks. I wonder if I'll still be here. Probably so ha. Hmmm. The work is still going well here. We have another conditional baptismal date so that's cool. My training is almost done. Just 3 weeks left. So that should make it easier to get Language study done. Right now it's been pretty challenging to get that done and it's taking its toll. It's frustrating. It's gonna be so hard to actually become fluent here. Especially here in the winter where nobody speaks Spanish. But I'll probably be somewhere using it soon and with someone who's good at it. Oh you know what would be cool? If you guys made some "business cards" for me, That has  a picture and our home address and my mission address and such so I can give it to investigators or converts or members you know? That would be cool. Elder Dean and I are gonna make some Christmas cards and we're gonna find some ugly sweaters and do something dumb ha. It'll be a good time. Oh man the lack of sun actually kinda takes a toll on your health too. I've been slightly moody and tired and just not feeling healthy recently. I am gonna get a lot of vitamin d3 today. Supposedly they make a vitamin supplement specifically for people in Alaska because of the difference in diet and sun and weather and such haha, So maybe sometime i'll have to get my hands on that. hmm what else is happening...oh.. Tony chacheres... i miss them. oh and I wrote Regan last pday. I better get a speedy response you slacker haha.I feel like I'm forgetting something again.... oh well. Thanks for the update! I love you all. All is well in Zion.
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment