We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Elder Tellez email 11/28/11


Hello again to all my friends and family,

This week has been good. For Gramma: I have gotten Mrs. Donna´s emails, tell her thank you. Thank you for your emails, they are much appreciated. I love hearing from you. Tell the Rucker´s they are in my prayers. Thak you for the advice. I write there names in my journal and I have the addresses and emails. Plus, we are going to hang out after the mission.

So, I baptized my first investigator, Angel, this Saturday. it was great. We have another one this coming Saturday for Jésus a 12 year old boy. Spanish is still coming along. There is only Elder Lastra and me in the house. We have beds, a toilet that flushes, sinks, a shower (no hot water so we don´t really use it, we just boil water and but it in a bucket), a fridge, a little stove burner thing, a washer, a dining room table, a microwave, a toaster, chairs, desks, and other tables. Oh and we have a closet for out clothes. Yup, that is the house. The chapel is nice, there is a soccer/basketball court in the back. It is incredibly hot here but that´s ok. I don´t really need money, I get enough every month. Momma, I can just give Elder Lastra my english hymn book and you can just buy me one and keep it there for when I return or I can just get one when I return. How is the ward? How is the family? How is life? Tell Megan that it´s all good, she´s busy. I will either get that care package in December or January, I only recieve mail once a month. I still can´t really understand everyone here, therefore I can´t really respond back. But it takes time as people have told me numerous times. I will just be patient and study hard.

For Bianca: Awesome! You went on dates, I am so happy for you. He sounds a bit feminine, but I´m sure he is cool. That´s good, if home is where you need to be, then that is where you need to be. Find a better job than Jack in the Box or just go to a junior college. Keep being productive, don´t just lay about the house. Help momma and gramma, practice with Josh on school and the trumpet. Set a good example. You already know how to do these things, haha, I am just rambling.

Well, till next week. I love you, everyone. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment