We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Trinity 11-21-11






Thanks for the Pictures! I got both of the packages and I had forgotten what you said about the Amazon package so I haven't opened it ha it's just been sitting there waiting for me. But before you send the others remember I might be leaving here by the 18th and I don't think you can send anything except for USPS to the mission home. Because they only forward they don't spend money. Christmas Sunday we only have sacrament meeting that's at 10 a.m. It got kind of chilly here. It was in the 20's and the first snow froze and more snow piled on it. so that was exciting on the hills. There were a lot of people sliding down hills and stuff ha. We were lucky to get our studded tires on when we did. And I still had to push the car some ha. I ate it last night right after I stepped out of the car ha. I stepped into a foot of snow with slick ice at the bottom on a steep hill and didn't brace in time. So that's been an adventure. We've been working hard and we should have two baptisms on saturday! We got some new investigators and we're still working with most of our older ones. Some seem to be progressing pretty well and others not so much but maybe they need time. We met an anti lady the other day so that was exciting. (not) I was talking to someone who might be interested and knew a lot called herself a "dry mormon" and such and this lady came up talking about how she grew up a member and she knows Joseph Smith is burning in hell and all of this ridiculous stuff. And the whole time she was trying to get me to argue with her or whatever so eventually I was just like you know and I know that we can talk hearsay all day and run circles but unless you do what we ask with humility without guile and with a real desire to know and read and pray about it you can never get an answer and you can never know. I'm not gonna waste my time running circles with people like that. There are people who are humble and want to hear what we actually believe out there and she's walking up to people telling them they believe in a heretic. I'm not 100% sure how Christ spent his time but I don't think he taught people to try and break each other down. The worst part was that there was that other lady who said at one point she believed in Prophets and then this lady comes in and just tries to tear it all down. I wasn't too happy. But I think we can find that other lady again we know some members know her. But besides that it's been an awesome uplifting week and even that helped a lot because we had a lot of good discussions with members and how they gained a testimony of the nature of Christ and all of those kinds of things so that was interesting. I'm not sure how many of those kind of people there are in Alaska. so far we've only met 2 obnoxious ones ha. But anyways we've seen some exciting progress in some investigators this week and the Zone leaders are coming from Juneau for a day for comp exchanges and next week we go to Juneau for Zone conference so that'll be exciting. Morgan and his family are moving to washington before December so that's sad but they're excited about being closer to a temple so that will be great for them. Oh how exactly do you make shoyu chicken?? I think there was something else and I'll probably remember it right after I get off but i'll write it down for next week if I do ha. Well I love you all and i'm kind of jealous of your weather ha but not too much. All is well in Zion

Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment