We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

 Elder Everett Escobar  11/2/11


Hello Escobar and Everett Family,
Thankfully we were not one of those apartments included in the power outage. However, I have already experience 12 inches of snow in the past week, CRAZY! It's not even winter yet, ha, new experiences but it's fun. Thank you for the recipes and the food storage ideas. Dad I'm glad that you liked your gift package, there's actually a cool record store perpendicular to the street that we live on. I am so glad that you were able to meet/talk to the Smiths, they really are an amazing family and were truly one of the Lord's tender mercies towards us. They're awesome! We have been working hard with our investigators, Chris Batto's baptism has been pushed back to this Sunday but he's still getting baptized. I don't know if you have received my letter already, but I mentioned that Chris wants me to baptize him, I'm still in awe about that. We are trying feverishly hard to gain new investigators. Yesterday we had a breakthrough, we met a guy named Eric on the street, he was interested right off the bat. WE HAD AN 1 1/2 HOUR DISCUSSION WITH HIM IN THE FREEZING COLD (MOM YOU WOULD HAVE DIED HAHA) AND IT WAS WINDY. I ONLY HAD A LONG SLEEVE SHIRT ON, but it was refreshing though. I did however put my coat back on after we talked with him. Yesterday was an amazing day, we hadn't been having that much success in finding new investigators in a while! Well I hope that everything is alright at home. Oh and tell Ms. Harbour, "Thank You" and that I did receive her package and that those brownies were amazing, I am writing her a thank you letter today. Well I gotta go. I'm sending pics in another e-mail.
Love ya'll,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment