We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Elder Tellez 11/21/11

¡Hola, hola, hola! ¿Comó están?
Hmmmmmm details, ok. My first area is Isla, Veracruz it is 3 hrs from Ciudad Veracruz (Veracruz City). You can look it up on the map and the internet. My companion is Elder Lastra, he is awesome. He knows little english. He wants me to teach him english while he teaches me spanish. My español is mejor, pero es no perfecto. The people here are so humble, we walk down the street and say ¨Buenos dias¨ ¨Buenas tardes¨ o ¨Buenas noches¨ and they smile, respond and wave back. I am incredibly quiet whe we are teaching because i don´t really know what they are saying. my week was ok but I was a little down. But my spanish is picking up! I talk more We are seriously going to have a baptism every week. We have one this week, his name is Angel, he is cool. He is super old as well. Thank you everyone for the emails, they are much appreciated. The town is small and a little rundown, but I love the rama. Our house is a nice size, of course there is no AC, but that is all good. It incredibly hot down here. We have a toilet that flushes and stuff. We have a shower but no hot water so we just boil some. I have basically ruined 5 of my shirts because I sweat so much. I washed them, but the stains are still there, it´s all good though, they will eventually come out. The pants are not as bad, the stains are not as visible. My suit jacket has a huge visible sweat ring on the back and front, but I never wear it, I only wore it on my first day. The food is terrific, I don´t know what half of it is, but that´s ok, I won´t even ask, I will just enjoy. The plane ride was fine there was another missionary that sat next to me the whole way, he used to be one of my companions in the MTC. He was going to Veracruz as well. Nobody greeted us in Mexico City, but we just had an hour layover so we just ate, and I introduced that missionary to mexican food. He loves it. The Mission President and his wife greeted us at the Airport in Veracruz. I like him, he speaks very, very little english, but it´s all good. Oh, Elder Lastra wanted me to tell you to send me a small english hymn book for him. He will give my the money to pay you back and we will find a way to send it. Please and thank you, haha!! So Adam is home? Wow, I am glad he is ok. Tell him I said hi, and to write and email me. Tell the ward a everyone that I said hi, and to write me and send me emails. They celebrate Thanksgiving down here too, we will just eat at a member´s house. I had to prepare a lesson for Family Home Evening at a family´s house this evening, we have an investigator coming too, exciting, haha. There are only two people that I have found that speak english in this city: an old hermana that plays the piano in sacrament and a 17 year old youth who is really cool and wants me to help him speak english better. He also wants to go on a mission so that is cool. I am going to be here in Isla for 6 Months and then I go to Veracruz City. Well that is all the time I have. ¡Hasta luego! ¡Nos vemos! Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment