We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Elder Escobar  10/28/11 (letter in mail)


Dear Escobar & Everett Family,
I just wanted to forewarn you that I will not be able to reply to any of your emails on Monday. However, I will be able to on Wednesday, because this is "transfer week" so P-Day is on Wednesday.  By the way, President Evans has ordered that all of the missionaries be in their apartments by 6pm on Monday (Halloween), because supposedly people will be dressing up as missionaries, all thanks to the Book of Mormon Musical.

Oh yeah, and it snowed yesterday a little bit and I heard that tomorrow  we are supposed to have a 'snow storm' that evening.  Just so you know today is Friday, October 28th.  And just to let you know, one of our investigators, Chris Batto, is getting baptized on November 4th and tonight Chris told me that he wanted me to baptize him.  I was in awe!  He said that he really enjoys listening to me and my testimony and that I have made a big impression on him in his life.  How sweet is that?! I don't take any credit for it though, if it wasn't for the Lord, I may not even be in Massachusetts, so Heavenly Father can take the glory since it truly is Him that speaks through me, without Him I am nothing teaching-wise. 

Well anyways, gotta go, LOVE YOU!

Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment