We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Elder Everett Escobar   11/7/11

Dear Escobar and Everett Family,

HOLY GUACAMOLE, Danny has grown a lot, he may even be taller than me when I get back! CRAZY! Did he start eating real food? Or what? If so, keep it up maybe he will be able to dunk (basketball) on me in the future, WOW. Anyways, Chris's baptism got pushed back to this coming Sunday because of some unfortunate time restraints, thankfully he is still eager and ready to be baptized. This past Sunday was great though we had a lot of members bring friends who wanted to learn more about our beliefs and I'm pretty sure that we may have some new investigators in the near future.

I did receive a letter from my 3 tias in Mexico this week, however it was hard for me to read, especially since it was in cursive. It was even hard for me to read the address on the envelope. So could you send me their address? So that I can send them a letter back. So Aaron is in the jazz band and being somewhat of an entrepreneur in school (just like I was haha), that's cool! I know a lot of people in the University Ward that play jazz at Berklee College of Music. My street smarts are indeed getting better, I am remembering addresses, buses, and trains that we usually take. Well, the work is progressing, the University Ward has had 2 baptisms this month, if Chris gets baptized he will be the 3rd. So keep praying. By the way I have not bought any winter boots yet, I plan on doing that today or next week. Oh and I did receive your package this week, thank you so much for the toothpaste and toothbrushes. I have heard from Samuel and John through e-mail, but have not heard from Trinity. How is he doing? Keep telling grandma and grandpa and the ward that I love and miss them. What is the Hairs' new address?

Love Ya'll,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment