We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Elder Everett Escobar  11/28/11




Hello mi familia,
My Avaira contacts huh (: that's actually funny because, I was going to tell you today that I needed some more. How ironic (I don't know the lot numbers right now but I will look). As for my drivers license it says, " Iss 01/06/2011 Exp 08/18/2011", I don't see 2017 anywhere on my license. By the way, you may be able to get ahold of Elder Bingham today. I also need some more deodorant (I dont know if that was in the package that you sent or not) and I also need thermal garments (I have been told that they are absolutely essential in January and February). I'm glad that ya'll had a great Thanksgiving and I'm a little sad that I didn't get to help in decorating the christmas tree this year too, it's definitely different. But the christmas decorations are being set up all across the Boston area so hopefully I can get some good pics. Elder Yim and I have constantly been singing christmas songs, it's been fun. I have been reading, 'Our Search For Happiness' by Elder Ballard and becomes more and more clear to me that, that book alone would make a great christmas gift to anyone who is investigating the church.
Well Thanksgiving was great for us, Andrew Navarro and Brad Talk took us out to eat at IHOP for brunch (it was muy bueno) and Eric Nicholson (awesome guy, he helps us in our scripture studies every week) from one of the other Singles Wards invited us to a Thanksgiving feast at his friends house in Cohasset, Massachusetts. It was great, we had a awesome time. The day after Thanksgiving Brother Wanamaker (Member of the Bishopric in our ward) and his family invited us to their home in Belmont for dinner. Brother Wanamaker served his mission in Fiji and he has two of the most cutest/polite little girls (Aly 4yrs and Camilla 2yrs old), I've ever seen. We had a swell time with them as well. The missionary work was kind of slow this week, but overall it was amazing. I have been so tired this week, it's ridonkulous, it's mainly due to the sun setting earlier, it gets dark at 4pm here. Oh, Chris Battoo also got confirmed at church yesterday which was another good experience. Chris is doing well and he feels a difference in his life. The mission life is going great so far and the following months will be even more challenging but great (or so I've heard from multiple sources). I can't wait for P-day snowball fights in Boston Common. By the way today is Elder Yim's 14th month mark! Anyways hope everything is going great, hope we can get this DLicense thing worked out.
Love ya'll,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment