We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Elder Tellez 12-19-11



As always gracias por the emails.

I am still alive as you can tell. How is life up there?

Gramma: Thank you for the pics and the spanish, haha, I understood all of it. We don't have a christmas tree and the house just looks normal. We don't really want to decorate and don't really have the money. The weather has been the same here as it has been up there, hot, hot, hotttttt. Yesterday was a little cool, but I was still sweating like crazy. The Ruckers are still in my prayers. I hope you are doing well. That is funny that Zach calls you Gramma, haha, he is practically family. I could teach him the missionary lessons and get him baptized, haha. No, but the missionaries over there should do something like that, have family home evening at our house, invite the missionaries and Zach. Have the missionaries teach the lesson and let them know that you will have a non-member there so that they can prepare something good. Also have some refreshments and maybe a game. Then the following week, if he likes it, invite him again when you have FHE at the Conner's and if the missionaries are good (haha) they will talk to him and see if they can visit him to teach him, maybe even in our house, that might be better. That would also help the missionaries out by giving them lessons with members. Having Josh or somebody in the family sharing a testimony about their love for the church and how it is true will help as well. Also, invite him to church, Josh should do that. That is good,.... Oh, I didn't get that package this month, maybe in January. But I did get the checks, but I can't cash them here because "they are not authorized to do it". I have to wait until I go to Veracruz, which is in 2 weeks. I love ya, gramma.

Momma, I will be calling saturday at 6 or 6:30. I sent that email again, in hopes that you will get it and also hope that I don't get in trouble for sending two emails at the same time. Thank you for the pics. All is well here. We didn't have a baptism this week, but we might have one this coming saturday. I really want one more before the year ends, 6 is our goal for this month. I got that dearelder you sent and said to tell you when I got it, haha. I only get letters and packages once a month, so if you send me something now, I'm sure I'll get it in January. Did you send that message that I told you to send to that elder? I have something else for you to send to him as well.

To mark.coleman@myldsmail.net : So, I talked to Elder Herron, and he doesn't even know his email address, but he said it might be michael.herron@myldsmail.net. It makes sense haha. Take care bro.

Gracias momma. Well time to close my email. I love you all. ¡Feliz Navidad!

No comments:

Post a Comment