We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Elder Everett Escobar 12/14/2011
 
Hello,
 
I hope everything is going well, I will be sending ya'll a letter sometime this week.

Here are my thoughts from Mom's assigned scriptures; "As missionaries the Lord gives us the strength to carry on and perform His work. It is through God's mercy that enables us to work and bring mighty miracles among the children of men. Heavenly Father works through us, it's never us alone and it is for that very reason that all of the glory goes to God. And although through our strivings we may suffer pains and afflictions, the results of our hardships will far outweigh our sufferings."
 
Elder Yim is getting transferred to Connecticut and I'm staying with Elder Huntsman for the time being, and I will be training him. Elder Yim has been packing his stuff, he's leaving tomorrow, we have been taking a lot of pictures this past week. By the way, I received the package labeled: 'From: Liberty Ward' I loved it. Many thank you's to all of those whom put it together. The Christmas Party at Liberty Ward sounded fun and yes I would like to see video that Sister Tellez got from it. This past week was really busy, lots of walking, talking, and teaching. And it's chilly! Especially when we have to walk over the several bridges that go over the bay. This week was fun though, I enjoyed it. It's not really snowing yet surprisingly, although it's been more than cold enough to snow. Some of the local ponds and part of the Charles River is starting to freeze though. I've only had one minor headache so far this week! (: As for phone calls home, we are recommended to call Christmas Day in the afternoon or evening. Now I'm wondering what time would be good for all of you (my bros, parents, and grandparents), because we are as of right now free all day, except for 6-7pm (Boston time) because we have a dinner with one of the counselors in the bishopric. So just tell me a time or if you want me to pick a time, that will be okay too, I will be able to tell you more about our schedule on Monday through e-mail. I want a "White Christmas" that would be cool, oh and our Zone is Christmas caroling all through the month so that ought to be fun. Okay time to send you pic!
 
Love ya'll so much,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment