We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Elder Tellez 12-12-11


Hello again.
I wrote you last week mama. The letter with all of the pictures. We had a baptism last week, I sent the pics, Marcos baptized Jesus. I baptized 2 this week and Elder Lastra baptized one. I baptized Alejandro y Aurora, a couple and Elder Lastra baptized Fransisca, a lady (possibly crazy, no se). So, all in all, I have 5 baptism!! But why stop there, haha. It is incredibly hot, I still sweat soo much. I love Mexico, it is great. Who are the 6 pregnant hermanas in the barrio (sisters in the ward)? We go to Veracruz on miercoles to go to the temple and have a conference, I also think I will eat McDonald´s or Carl´s Jr., ahhhh it will be so nice to taste a burger or chicken sandwich. We do have a little burger and malt shop, it is pretty good. President Maza (branch president) and his brother took us (Elder Lastra, me, Elder Wilhelm (district leader) and Elder Hernandez) there Thursday night because Elder Wilhelm needed to eat because he just came back from the hospital. Oh I think I forgot to tell you that it is just us (Elder Lastra and me) that live in the house. E. Wilhelm y E. Hernandez are from Santiago. I like President Maza, he reminds me of Brother Escobar. Actually this branch reminds me alot of Liberty Ward. It is crazy that is just a branch, there are like 150 members (thanks to the missionaries). But that is how they do it in this area. Right now we are in San Andreas for a Zone activity, we just played soccer, haha. Oh, we will most likely have another baptism this Saturday as well. So, get ready for more pics. Enough about me, how is everybody? I love you mama. Thank you for the pics.

Gramma, gracias por su email. I'm sorry that I don't write you much, I'm given a very little bit of time and this email is for everyone. I really do feel bad :(( See, the frowny face explains how I feel, haha. But I really am sorry. It is also really hard to think of things to write, I'm a person of a few words. So, how was sleeping in your own bed Friday and Saturday night? Did you go to church? I miss you. I plan on sending pics every week. How are you feeling? Is everything good in your life. I will try to write you more.

Oh, mama, can you send the following to this address - mark.coleman@myldsmail.net : Hey man!! No, I'm sorry. I don't have Elder Herron's email address, but I might see him this thursday. How is it going? Are you learning spanish like crazy? Is you companion hispanic? My companion is Elder Lastra, he is from Mexico. He is really cool. He speaks a little english. But for the most part, we just speak in spanish. Pues, keep in touch bro. -Elder Téllez (the greatest companion you had in the MTC, haha)

Thank you mama. Well time for me to fly. Send my love to everyone. Nos vemos.

No comments:

Post a Comment