We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Elder Tellez 4-4-13 email

Hello family Thank you for all of the "Happy Birthday's". I had a good day yesterday, well, everyday is a good day, haha. Thank you for all of the pictures too. Things are going well here in Xalapa. We are going to baptize three people this week. I have come to realize that the key to success is faith. Not just to say it, but really put it into practice. We should never doubt that someone will never accept the Gospel or will never return back to church, that is the exact opposite of faith. And not by just pure faith will get us through, as you already know, faith without works is dead like it says in the Epistle of James. This principle doesn't just apply to us in the mission but for everyone. We have many family members that strayed away from this true Gospel and even more that have not yet entered into the waters of baptism. We should definitely preach the Gospel to ever one of them. The Second Coming of the Savior is not to far away and we need to prepare ourselves and our loved ones. Imagine, we will all be in the Judgement Seat in front of our Heavenly Father and our loved ones (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc) turn to us with tears in their eyes saying "why did you not tell me? Why did you not share this true, eternal happiness with me". I cannot even imagine what my feelings would be and frankly I don't ever what to have to. It is an act of love, and act of kindness, and an act of faith. I know that each one of you will support me in this. I love each and every one of you with all of my heart. I am soooo grateful for all of your support. Time to go. Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment