We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Elder Escobar 7-1-13

Hello!
First of all, I have to say that I laughed at the experience that Danny had with the car window. Now don't misunderstand, I wasn't laughing at it because Danny was in pain. I laughed because I could just see it happening in my mind and it seems like something that would happen to Danny. That's why I thought it was pretty funny! However, I don't think that it's funny that he got hurt. I am doing fairly well this morning. I actually don't have very much to say for this past week. This past week was filled with service as we along with other missionaries and members of the ward helped a charitable organization 'Gifts of Love' move from there previous location. We had 4 day dedicated to the move. The organization has had a great connection with our ward for years and the organization has made a great impact in Avon and in the surrounding areas, including Hartford. We knew that it would be great publicity for the church and especially for the temple which will be coming up. Our ward mission leader made sure that he took plenty of pics of the missionaries to put in the newspaper (:Also on July 13, we the Avon & Farmington Elders are having a 'Meet the Missionaries' Night for both members and non-members. And I was wondering if you could send me some pics of our family at different locations doing different things, so that I could put together a small slideshow presentation. It ought to be a good event, we just want people to see that we're normal people too haha. Sorry for putting that on your never-ending list of things to do. My foot has been healing up very well. The swelling is gone, but my big toe on my right foot is still just a little tender when I move it. Things are going well, stuff is actually happening in our Ward Council and PEC meetings now. We didn't get fed very well this past week and at PEC the ward mission leader acknowledged that and the Bishopric made an announcement in sacrament meeting to remember to feed the missionaries. Apparently, people listened because the majority of our calendar for July is filled now. The Bishopric told us that the members probably were getting too involved within their own lives especially since this past month with all of the events that have been happening and that they probably supposed that we were being fed by someone. We are still teaching Gloria and Ian, still haven't pinpointed an actual date though, it will probably be at the 11th hour of my mission. This week we had interviews with President Packard this week, he made sure that I was squared away for school and for you guys coming to pick me up.  He read 2nd Timothy 4:6-7 and said 'this is you'. He then encouraged me to keep going, to finish strong. A lot was said during the interview, I also made mention to him that I was about to keep and fulfill a promise that I made to him in my first interview with him. Overall, this week was good; full of meetings and service.
I found out that Sophia Gawu is home as well, she finished her mission and is back in Beaumont, Texas. She was telling me that she feels so out of place being back home, especially since her family moved while she was out on her mission.
So Aaron is done with Drum Major Camp, I will have to see his skills at the football games. Yes, Dad is finally on the day time shift. Now we can have FHE consistently. So President Rascon is going to Florida for Sea Base. So does all of Sea Base take place in Florida or just part of it?
Next Youth Conference is at the Sacred Grove? Are they going during the Hill Cumorah Pagaent? Sign me up! 
So Bishop was reading letters from the Mission Presidents? Like from all of our Mission Presidents? What did these letters consist of? I do imagine the members of Liberty Ward are restless upon our return. Trinity and Samuel will be home in 21 days, wow...I don't have anything else to say, I don't know what to say. Anyways, I hope each and every single one of you have a great week.
Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment