We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Elder Escobar 7-15-13

Hi!
I'm doing well. Today is going to be a hectic! It's transfer week. Both Elder Watson and I are staying in the area. However, there's a catch. We will be split off he and I will both have mini-missionaries this whole transfer, so there will technically be 6 missionaries in Avon Ward. We will be preparing the way for the ground breaking of the Hartford Temple. The date of the groundbreaking was announced and it will take place on August 17th! Go figure! It will start at 11am. So I kind of need to talk to President about that because I kind of want to be present at that event as I am sure that you do too. I'm still trying to work on finding a place to stay in Newport, Rhode Island. I need to get ahold of the missionaries who are serving down there and work through them. I think that we might have to get a hotel/motel in New York, I'll keep you updated. I am conversing back and forth with (Sister) Erika Rivera who lives there and wants to show us around. We do have a place to stay in Worcester though. This week was successful, our Meet the Missionaries event for Avon and Simsbury went very well. We will be showing this event again for Farmington and Plainville soon.
So this week is going to be crazy, okay I take that back. This whole month is going to be crazy! But this week in particular is going to be interesting. Today and tomorrow we will be meeting with members trying to promote the Meet the Missionaries event and have them invite their friends. Wednesday, we will be hitting Six Flags. I think that there is only one ride that might jeopardize my safety or would be considered tempting fate is 'Goliath'. So I won't ride it this go round, but when we as a family go to Six Flags, I'm going to ride it. Thursday is transfer meeting, where I will be giving my farewell testimony to the mission (there might be tears, we'll see) and I will be spending the rest of the day (temple, interview, dinner, and other discussions) with President Packard, his family, and all of the other departing missionaries. However, do to the lack of room and beds in the mission home, I will have to drive back to Connecticut around 10pm or 11pm. Yeah! Driving at night is fun! I'm going to be dead tired...ugh, but it's all good.
So Trinity and Samuel will be done on Thursday...wow. And I only have 4 weeks...wow. What happened? I don't even know where to start or know how to explain the way these past 2 years have come and gone. But anyways, it sounds like Aaron was pretty high on the sea base pedestal, being 1st mate and all. Those lucky ducklings who are currently in the scouting program, I never got to do anything like that (: Well it seems like everything is somewhat back to normal. Dad is back to work. Aaron is at camp being a leader/teacher. Wait what is Danny doing in all of this? Is he doing a camp or anything? Aw man, I'm going to miss out on the gong show ): The pain in my toe has gone down a little bit but it still hurts if placed in the wrong position.
Yes, I won't play sports or any other related activities /: And I will make sure to 'sttay strong, eat good, read some books, love the people, stay close to the Lord, work with all my might, mind and strength. And forget yourself these last weeks of my mission and work hard.' I will especially make sure to 'read some books' because it is from this act that I gain further knowledge and it was probably the best advice that Ignacio gave to the orphans in Nacho Libre. Anyways, work hard, play hard. Have fun and be safe. I'll see all of you soon.
Love,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar
PS I have plenty of pics to send you but the computer's not cooperating, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment