We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Elder Waddell 7-8-13

hello hello! 
I'm doing just fantastic. It's been a good week. Lots of good stuff happened. 
Girls camp seems to be a super powerful testimony builder. boy scout camp was never like that...... haha
Dad in charge of fireworks? how did that work out? 
oooh yeah I'll probably want to move back. But I'll just keep the island breeze in my mind to convince myself to stick around.
I've kind of been thinking about coming up here next summer to work. from Hawaii it would be a pretty cheap flight. We could even all meet up there before I work
and I could show you around haha.
The trip to Kodiak was awesome. It is beautiful there. It reminded me a lot of Lanai... well the pretty parts of Lanai. We went to surfers beach and stuff like that
If it wasn't so expensive and secluded it seems like a pretty nice place to live. Beautiful. We taught a lof of Filipinos and I was able to teach a few Spanish people
and ate some pupusas. It was awesome. 
I haven't had to fly as much as some people but I've boarded a plane, counting return flights and from the mtc, about.... 10 times. so that's been pretty cool.
part of the plane caught fire this trip to kodiak haha it was just like a heater malfunction. Good thing we were on board... ha. 
Oh and I actually had a full missionary day on a bike. so that was a new experience. 
the mission has been more than I ever imagined. It means more to me than anything so far.
Everyone should do it! 
love you tons!
Elder Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment