We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, August 27, 2012

ELDER EVERETT ESCOBAR 8/21/2012

Hey-low!

This week has just chaotically zoomed right on by! Tendonitus: Eck! Seminary: Cool! Eagle Scout Project: Awesome! FBI Training: Interesting. (Is Dad switching over to the FBI or is he mustering in extra credentials for work?) Facebook Timeline?: What is that? I haven't been on Facebook at all. I didn't even know that Facebook had a timeline. I guess I'm out of the loop haha. So you wanted me to tell you all about my birthday, well other than district meeting, my burfday was kind of overlooked. I wanted it that way though. However, a lot happened on my birthday. First before I get ahead of myself, Tuesday I went on tours with the Zone Leaders. Then on Wednesday we had Zone Conference on Wednesday, which was nice. President Packard taught us more about working with the members in our wards. The next day, celebrated my birthday after district meeting and later, I got burned from a light bulb (as silly as that sounds). It hurt though, it was burning hot and melted off the top layer of skin on my arm. I'm pretty sure that a scar will result from that. The day after that we had a Ward Movie Night, we watched The Testaments and Brother Stabley (a less-active, that we have been working with) came so it was a success. Then finally on Saturday after a stressful morning we had the baptism of Caleb Dugan. I didn't tell anyone that it was my birthday because I wanted it to be Caleb's special day and I didn't want to steal some of his lime-light, so that why my birthday got overlooked; but I'm perfectly fine with that. Then later on Saturday I received a phone call from President Packard and I not only have the call to be a District Leader, but a call to be a Trainer was extended to me and of course, I accepted. So Elder Carlson is getting transferred to Amherst, Massachusetts tomorrow and I will meet my 'son' at transfer meeting. You didn't think that I would have a son this early did yah?! Haha. Elder Yim will be at the transfer meeting too, so we can take a generation picture! It's going to be hard but I'm excited. So Saturday was a good day! And then on Sunday, Bishop Bailey asked us to speak on the Third Article of Faith; I tied it into missionary work of course. It was a spiritual experience, yet again don't remember exactly what I said. In preparing I just made a simple outline of the points that I wanted to cover and came up with multiple ideas. In speaking I just let the spirit guide, I had studied and done my part. After sacrament meeting and even now the members are still thanking us for our talks and how we have inspired them to do more missionary work. Exciting week, it just went by so fast! So how are the Ginsels doing? Have they taken the discussions? How are the Stones? How is Travis doing at work? How are grandma and grandpa doing? I didn't not receive 5 packages this week, I received 4. But I got a notification from the mission office saying that there was a package for me, so I will get that tomorrow at transfer meeting. I received a card from my cousins in Juarez, I will write them back shortly. So thank you for the gifts, I have actually contemplated buying a sketch pad, I guess I don't have to buy one now. Well I guess I will e-mail you again on Monday, which will seem like tomorrow. I have gotten away from exercising because of all the meetings we have been having /: I will have to start back up with my son tomorrow. I have to drive early in the morning tomorrow and be at Belmont Chapel at 8am tomorrow, that's pretty nasty, oh well. I've gone through harder hours in the morning. I will send pics now.

Love your 20 year old son/brother/grandson/friend,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment