We have 4 outstanding young men in our small ward in Liberty, Texas that have been called to serve a mission. It will be fun to have our ward family follow their experiences through this blog. Elder Clegg left July 20,2011 for the Idaho, Pocatello mission, Elder Waddell left July 27, 2011 for the Alaska, Anchorage Spanish speaking mission, Elder Escobar left in August for the Massachusetts, Boston mission, and Elder Tellez left September 14, 2011 for the Mexico, Veracruz Spanish speaking mission. We are so very excited that these fine young men have chosen to serve the Lord.

Click on the dearelder link below for a great way to write our missionaries!

Monday, August 6, 2012


Elder Everett Escobar 08/6/2012

Hola!

Oh my, chapped/battered lips for Aaron. School is starting up and so is seminary! No sugar for Danny and a injured hip for Dad. Sounds like an interesting week. Apparently, a bunch of changes are still happening and they probably will continue to happen. So I heard from an anonymous source that you are updating my Facebook profile with letters, pics, and what not. That's cool. Seems like the missionaries in Liberty got a really good find with that kid. However, do they have parent's permission for him to get baptized? Cause that can sometimes be tricky. Changes-changes-changes, that's all ya hear about these days, haha. Well, this week things kind of slowed down a little bit due to church activities and meetings. We did a lot of service, way more than expected. Oh and I was able to hold a ferret, I have a picture. Today we went on the cliff walk again for Elder Stewart, it was fun. I didn't take any pics though. These week we gained a New Investigator (she is a Former Investigator though), her name is Mary. She has been prepared by the Lord, hopefully everything goes through for her, it was a miracle that we even ran into her. We helped the Turners move (they are in one of the pics) We still have a baptism set for August 18 for Caleb Mello-Dugan a young man we have been teaching. I started exercising a different way, one of the navy guys talked to me about it. I'm seeing just a little bit of results already in my arms, it gets the blood pumping. I am drinking a gallon of water or more each day, I changed my diet a little. We will see what that does in a few weeks. Other than that not too much has changed, we have a lot of meetings all this month. And personally, I'm a little tired of driving long distances. I guess that's what happens when you are on the very outskirts of the missions. However, life is good. By the way, the new Gs are great, way comfortable and keeps me cool. Thank you. I'm jealous that you got to go to the temple, I haven't been in a while. I don't get to go as often as I did back in the city. I want to go soon. So for Sunday next week, we will be hearing from Sister Elaine S. Dalton (Legit!) and Elder Eyring (of the Seventy) I can't wait, it's going to be great. Well I hope that all of you have a great week.

Love you,
Elder Everett Alan Escobar

No comments:

Post a Comment